Red Butte Garden Concert #1 (for me)

Monday night, in front of a sold out crowd, three awesome bands took the stage in the picturesque amphitheater. This show marked my first Red Butte show of the season and it was terrific. Friends had secured an incredible spot in the line so our blankets ended up about five blankets back from the stage.


I packed a picnic that included these Smoked Chicken & Sun-dried Tomato sandwiches. They were scrumptious! Our friends Anna and Brian brought a picnic too including marinated cucumbers that were like crack. I could not get enough of them.



First up was Ra Ra Riot. The band members looked to about 12 years old but we still like them. The lead singer also bears a strong resemblance to our friend Alex.


Next to take the stage was Andrew Bird. His music was full of violin (or is it fiddle?...not sure if I know the difference) and whistling. Some of his songs reminded me of Devotchka. Check out this clip:



Death Cab for Cutie was up next. Their set had lots of the crowd up on their feet swaying to the music. The light show and fog machine were nice additions to music. Overall, it was a fabulous way to start my outdoor summer concert schedule. Next up....the Wallflowers!

No comments: