And She's Off....

Well, it looks like the spawn has found domicile in Queens, NY. She'll be in Ridgewood to be precise. Ridgewood is near where my Grandmother used to live and where my Mom and Aunt lived when they were teenagers. Here's a map which shows her proximity to Manhattan where some of her classes will be held and to Brooklyn where she'll have classes at the Brooklyn Public Library.


View Larger Map

I'm still struggling with her being so far away and worry about her safety. Especially when I think about her traveling around town on public transit at night after classes. But these are my problems, not hers, and I'll figure out a way to cope with my anxiety.

She has orientation on Wednesday and starts classes on Monday. I'll be heading her direction on Wednesday and I'll let you know about the safety of the neighborhood. the condition of her apartment, and first impressions of the eastern European room mates....

No comments: