Book Review: A Scandalous Life: The Biography of Jane Digsby

A Scandalous Life: The Biography of Jane Digby A Scandalous Life: The Biography of Jane Digby by Mary S. Lovell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars I was partway through 'A Scandalous Life' when I realized that the author also wrote 'Sound of Wings', the Amelia Earhart biography that I'd just finished. Like Amelia, Jane was a woman who lived her life beyond the cultural norms of her time. Born in 1807 into a wealthy British family, Jane defied marriage vows and family expectations with her behavior. Her beauty, charm, and sexual prowess were legendary. But, the part of the book that I found the most interesting was later in her life she moved to the middle east to be a sheik and traveled the desert extensively with him. The descriptions of traveling the desert on camel, living in tents was really quite remarkable. If you enjoy biographies, I'd recommend you pick this up. View all my reviews >>

No comments: