Lauren in Queens

I went to see Lauren's new apartment in Queens on Sunday. I was so nervous about it beforehand. What if it was roach-infested rat's nest? What if the neighborhood seemed filled with shady characters? How could I be expected to leave my baby girl in New York under these conditions?

Happily, the place she found is newly remodeled. She shares the place with two roommates and her room is quite spacious (so rare in NYC!) But my favorite thing about her place is the street that she lives on. It is a dead end street so there is very little traffic. While we were there on Sunday several kids were riding their bikes and scooters on the block and many neighbors sitting outside on their stoop enjoying the gorgeous weather.

I was so relieved and am now really able to be excited for her! Good job, Lauren!

No comments: