Movie Review: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


This week the Swedish movie, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, was released on DVD and is available to watch instantly on Netflix. Last night I settled down in the cool basement to watch it. I was a little bit apprehensive about the movie, but I always feel this way watching a movie based on a book that I adored. By the way, if you haven't read the book already, what the heck are you waiting for? It's a thriller! Go get it and start reading.



I'm happy to report that the movie was a thriller too. In fact, Ban hadn't read the book and a half hour into the movie he decided to stop watching so that he could read it first. I thought the movie was exceptionally well cast and the Swedish landscape austerely beautiful. Don't be put off by the subtitles, after a few minutes you'll forget that you're reading.

Hollywood is making their version of this movie due out in 2012 and I'm afraid to see who they cast. Do yourself a favor and see the Swedish version of the movie. Best of all, it's a trilogy, I can't wait for the next movie to be released in the U.S.

No comments: