Radio Hour: Alice

Every once in a while all the pieces seem to fall magically into place. Yesterday, Ryan and I went to see Plan B Theater Company's production of Radio Hour: Alice. The show's run is sold out but you don't despair. The show was also being broadcast live to listeners of KUER's RadioWest. Here's a link to the podcast if you are interested in checking it out.

Ryan wanted to go because Bill Allred from X96 Radio from Hell show is narrating the play. I wanted to see it because my friend Daisy is the foley artist (that's the person who does sound effects in case you didn't know...I didn't know, I had to look it up). Best of all, my teammate England's Glory (and Daisy's sis) happened to be there with her son! The show was outstanding, Ryan and I were completely captivated.

After the show, we hung around to hello to Daisy. We met Bill Allred who graciously agreed to me taking a picture of he and Ryan. Ryan was so excited and he was grinning from ear to ear afterward.

Daisy also invited us to come backstage to check out the foley table. We were fascinated to see all the common household items used to make sound effects. Ryan and I really liked the cigar box guitar with the pool cue neck.


After the backstage tour we all headed over to the Beehive Tea Room. Have you been there? If not, you should go. It is so charming instead and they a wonderful selection of tea, plus sandwiches, salads, quiche, and assorted sweet treats.

Daisy and her sweetie, Jay. Aren't they adorable? Jay was also in Radio Hour:Alice. He voiced the Cheshire Cat and Mad Hatter. Jay kept Ryan and I entertained with stories about Murphy the ferret. I had no idea that ferrets made such great (albeit mischievous) pets!

No comments: