Gift Card Shopping Spree

Given the dire economic times and news reports that 25% of retailers will fold this year, I decided I'd better use up all the gift cards that I've been given before the stores go out of business and I'm left with nothing. I also have a tendency to hoard gift cards. I don't know why I do this, but I do. I'm always sure that there is something super awesome that I'm going to want and that I should save the cards for those items. The other issue is that I pretty much hate shopping and will put off the task until I desperately need something.

Anyhow, B and I loaded our wallets with gift cards and headed down to TJ Maxx. I managed to gather a cart load of items and ended up leaving with a new pair of jeans, a cashmere sweater, a fleece hoodie, a set of steak knives, and an iPod charger. Score!

Next, we headed to Nordstrom Rack. I looked at some beautiful handbags but they were way too expensive and really, do I need another handbag? I have been looking for a black pencil skirt but got blanked on that hunt.

I'd had my fill of shopping by this time and aborted the plan before we hit Target so I'm hopeful that Target will remain flush until I can get out there to use my gift card.

Have any of you used holiday gift cards to buy yourself something awesome? I'd love to hear about it....

No comments: