The Hidden Costs of Hamburgers

As some of you know I decided to change my diet to plant-based one four weeks ago. Improving my health was my motivating factor. I'd gained twenty pounds over the last year and want to get off the blood pressure medication that I started a year before that.

In typical Diane fashion I dived headlong into this new venture reading anything and everything I can. I've learned a lot in the last few weeks. One thing that surprised me was the environmental impact of industrial agriculture or in other words, raising animals to eat. If you have a few minutes, watch this video. There isn't any disgusting images of slaughter houses or anything just some eye-opening information.

I'll dedicate another post to have the first month of eating has gone for me. Here's a hint: good!

No comments: