Evernote



Do you use Evernote? If you don't, I am going to try to convince you to give it a try. Evernote is a free program that allows you to keep track of everything that needs keeping track of in your life. In Evernote you create notebooks and then you stuff those notebooks with whatever you want. Let me give you a few examples of how I use Evernote.

I use Evernote to keep track of holiday and birthday gift ideas for my friends and family. If I see a potential gift idea on a website, I'll use the handy web clipper to clip the site and put it in my Gifts notebook. If I'm out and about and see an item that would be a good gift idea for someone, I'll snap a picture of it and email it to my Evernote account.

A member of my family had some health issues recently and I used a notebook to keep track of everything related to those issues. I have .pdf files of research articles, medication schedules and doses, email correspondence with physicians, notes to remind myself to follow up on things that I need to take care of, etc. It's been very handy to have everything in one place. Plus, you can share notebooks with other people if they need access to the information too.

I have a notebook for recipes. I can use the 'tag' feature to give attributes to each recipe, such as, soup, appetizer, thai, vegetarian, etc. Then, I can search for the recipe either by the name of the recipe or using the tags.

I have a notebook for ideas on blog posts and stories that I want to write (writing about Evernote has been in that notebook for weeks now). I have a notebook for keeping track of books that I want to read, music I want to listen to and restaurants that I want to try.

I have a notebook that I use as a wine journal. I simply snap a picture of the bottle, email it into Evernote, and add some notes about what I liked about the wine or what food was paired it. I've just started doing the same thing for artisan cheeses.

Are you convinced? Do you think you'll give it a try? Check out their informational video when you have a minute. If you start using it, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the program and how you are using it. You should know that Evernote isn't paying me to say these things. I love this program, use it daily and thought that you might find it useful too!

No comments: